After School Elementary Childcare Grade K-5
We would like to welcome you and your family to the After School Elementary Childcare program. This program has been established to help meet the needs of students and parents for quality, reasonalby priced after school supervision for children in kindergarten through fifth grade.
The primary goal of the program is to provide a safe, healthy, and well supervised environment for children. Children will engage in activities that will benefit them physically, academically, and socially.
We appriciate you allowing us to work with your most precious asset -Your Child!
- The program will be staffed on a 20:1 ratio of children to staff memembers.
- Program hours will be 2:50 p.m. until 5:45 p.m.
- The program will only operate on days school is in session.
- The program is open to children in regular attendance at an Okechobee public school in kindergarten through 5th grade.
- North Elementary and Central Elementary school will serve as program sites.
- Shuttle buses will be available to transport After School Elementary Childcare program students from Seminole Elementary to North Elementary and from Everglades Elementary and South Elementary to Central Elementary.
- Student must attend the childcare site assigned for their school.
- Parents must provide after-program transportation.
- Children will benefit from homework assistance, enrichment activities, and supervised recreational activities.
After school, children who attend the program will be escorted to the cafeteria by appropriate school staff. After school childcare children must remain in designated program areas supervised by program personnel.
Children will only be released to the individuals listed on the Enrollment Form. No child will be allowed to leave the program without being signed out with acknowledgement from a program staff member. Approved individuals picking up children from childcare must sign/initial beside the child's name under the appropriate date to allow for safety monitoring. All individuals picking up children must present picture identification until recognized by staff.
All children enrolled in the program will be required to have health insurance, school insurance, or some other form of accident insurance. Proof of insurance will need to be provided before a child will be accepted. A copy of the insurance card or policy will be kept on file at the program site. If you are applying for school insurance, please make sure to keep a copy of the application or a copy of the cancelled check for proof. If any information changes throughout the year it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform the program staff so corrections can be made.
School insurance can be purchased for a nominal fee by enrolling at www.schoolinsuranceagency.com.
Children who are ill may not attend the program. The following criteria will help you determine what is meant by ill:
- Fever over 100.5 degrees
- Excessive cough and/or nasal discharge
- Unidentified rash
- Pink eye or eye discharge
The following guidelines will help determine when a child can return after an illness:
- The child's temperature has been below 100.5 degrees for 24 hours without medication.
- The child has been on antibiotics or other medication(s) for 24 hours.
- It has bee 24 hours since the last episode of vomiting and/or diarrhea and thick nasal discharge and/or coughing have abated.
- The rash has subsided or has been confirmed as non-contagious by a physician's note.
- Pink eye or eye discharge is completely gone.
Okeechobee County School District will accept checks, money orders, cashier checks, or cash. Please make checks payable to Okeechobee County Schools.
|Students Per Family||Fee per Week||SEM/EES/CES ONLY|
- The minimum weekly charge for one student is $25 regardless of the number of days in attendance for that week.
- A discount of 10% is given to families with two or more children.
- A late pick-up fee of $4.00 is charged for each 15-minute period after 5:45 p.m.
- If payment is not received by Friday of each week, a $10 late fee will be assessed.
- A $25 penalty is charged for returned checks and all future payments must be made in cash and one week in advance.
Every effort should be made to avoid having to dispense medication during After School Elementary Childcare program hours. In the event a physician should require administering medication during program hours, the following procedures much be followed:
Prescription medication will be administered according to the School Board policy.
- Student who need to take presctiption medication must have the appropriate authorization form signed by the parent before the medication can be brought to the program.
- The medication and authorization form will be maintained by the Program leader.
- The medication must be brought to school by the parent in the original container.
- If a student needs to take presctiption medication during program hours, it will be administered by the program leader.
- Non-prescription medicines such as pain relievers, cold tablets, cough syrups, etc. should be given at home.
Just as a reminder, parents must retain receipts for income tax purposes. The Okeechobee County School Board WILL NOT issue additional copies of receipts during tax season. You will need the following information for your tax preparer: