Contact the Ombudsman
Florida has designated an ombudsman to monitor and enforce requirements under Title I and Title VIII of ESSA. The ombudsman serves as the state’s primary point of contact for addressing questions and concerns from private school officials and program offices.
Nicolle Tanner, MPA
Equitable Services Ombudsman
Equitable Services for Private Schools
Title I, Part A provides equitable services to eligible students, teachers, and parents in comparison to services provided to public schools. LEAs are required to consult with private school officials to design and implement equitable services.
The Title I services provided by the LEA for private school participants are designed to meet their educational needs and supplement the educational services provided by the private school.
Notice of Invitation to Private Schools
- 19-20 website notification meeting 3.pdf (49.7 KBs)
- 19-20 website notification meeting 2.pdf (49.7 KBs)
- 19-20 website notification.pdf (326.9 KBs)
- REVISED 18-19 Private School Website notification.pdf (328.1 KBs)
- 18-19 Website notification.pdf (332.5 KBs)
- 17-18 Website Notification.pdf (4.8 KBs)
- 16-17-Website-Notification.pdf (4.6 KBs)
- 14-15 Private School Letter.pdf (22.8 KBs)
Intent to Participate
- 2019-2020 Private School Intent to Participate.pdf (499.1 KBs)
- REVISED 18-19 intent to participate.pdf (422.0 KBs)
- 18-19 private school intent to participate.pdf (421.4 KBs)
- 17-18 Intent to Participate.pdf (444.1 KBs)
- 16-17 Intent to Participate.pdf (249.0 KBs)
- 15-16 Intent to Participate .pdf (248.5 KBs)